This blog series started in February 2009 - but which post has attracted the most visits since then? It was July 2010. So we wondered why? Is it because it contains the answer that MOST business leaders need to find?
So let us repeat the central message of that blog -
- Professor Vinod Singhal of Georgia State Institute of Technology, whose extensive research into the effective implementation of TQM demonstrated that those businesses that achieved and sustained this were twice as profitable as the average business.
- Robert Buzzell & Bradley Gale whose work on the Profit Impact of Market Strategies identified the crucial importance of Relative Perceived Quality by the customer as a key driver of profitability, described in their book the PIMS Principles.
- The work of Robert Kaplan and David Norton on the development of Balanced Scorecard demonstrated clearly how financial performance is an outcome of the quality of everything that goes before.
- Jim Collins research on what makes a good company able to become a great company, described in his book “From Good to Great”.
- Michael Jarrett, Adjunct Professor of Organisational Behaviour at London Business School, whose work published in his book “Changeability” in 2009 confirmed our own work and experience when we first defined and publicised this new business culture criterion in our “Why Excellence” seminars in 2003.
What does this mean in real life for you?
Capitalism or .... Common Sense is brought to you by Steve Goodman & Tony Ericson, partners in ChangeWORLD &Achievement Coaching International where we help businesses to learn different thinking to enable different actions that deliver the different results that Make a Big Difference. It is one of our "Excellence Quartet" of blogs promoting the cause of Excellence as the key to prosperity. We publish a new article on one of these blogs reguklarly using a recent business/financial topic to highlight different perspectives and conclusions from those obtained using conventional thinking and techniques. You can read the other three blogs at -Exceeding Expectations - You're having a laugh ... seriously-Business Bloop of the Month Award - and you can catch up with our weekly commentary on The Week before This Week